Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween, and a how to for home made face Paint (sorry It has been so long since I posted)

Sorry for not posting in a while I had a ton of work to do on daughter's costume, cupcakes to make,  and I now have the flu.

I Think I will do a couple of smaller posts today so that things don't get smashed together

I took my little one Trick or Treating We starting having the talk of this is the one time you can take food from someone and not ask if it is GF.  Take it and put it in the bucket we will go through what you have when you get home and what is not GF we will replace with GF candy. We had this conversation MANY TIMES.  She also asked every so many house to make sure that she would still get candy and could not eat any yet.  She is only 3 years old though so the fact that she ate no candy and only asked a couple of houses, "Is this Gluten Free?" left me proud.




We had pre-bought GF candy that she liked and replaced it with what she had gotten when she was not looking.

I found this recipe that you may be able to try out during the year and use next year hope it helps.  


***Please note this is not my recipe, I have not tried it yet, and the author's name is at the bottom***

Make your own Halloween Face Paint (I prefer to use commercially available products purchased AFTER the holiday, however)
1 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. water
1/2 tsp. cold cream (supposedly this keeps the food coloring from permanently coloring the skin)
1 to 2 drops food coloring
In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch. Mix in cold cream. Add food coloring.



This is my latest recommendation. We have a box in the house right now as a matter of fact and we can eat it straight out of the box it is that good.  My daughter is having cereal for the first time in her life and loving it.  So go grab a box near you.


No comments:

Post a Comment