Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A little more about me

So I thought I would give this a try, nothing to lose right.  As I said before I am a military spouse and a mom.  We are stationed at a base in what we many of us call the armpit of America. As you can tell I am not a fan of the base.  I do try to make the most of every base we are stationed at but I gave up on this one after a year.  I turned my attention to making up ways for my DD (Darling Daughter) to have fun and experience some of the same things that a child her age would if we lived somewhere that she could be outside more.  The two of us have become very creative.  She told me one day she wished she could have a swing in the house.  I love swings  so I said, "That would be awesome."  Then I spent the next few days explaining to my young child why I could not put a swing up in military housing.  Usually if she wants something I make it.  We have gone through card table tents, stages to perform on, we have costumes for the entire family to wear, play food, and you get the idea.  I think it's important to have some imagination when your with the military, you never know what you are going be handed next.

No comments:

Post a Comment